Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Workout Day Two, Soreness is a Bitch!

So day two of training for Warrior Dash has come and gone. I woke up sore in places I did not know you could be sore! The workout yesterday was great. To try and get the soreness out, I hit the treadmill. I ran 5 miles at about 7:30 pace. I may have pushed it a little too much. I do not know if I pushed it too hard yesterday or today. All I know though is my legs were jell-o! My back hurt, my shoulders hurt, but, the burn was awesome! I know that in the end, it was a good burn and a good soreness.
Because of the soreness both after yesterday and this morning, I decided to do yesterday's workout again this evening. Now I do not normally workout at night. A couple of reasons for this: 1- I have already worked out for the day. 2- It is just too damn crowded! Its really hard to do a circuit workout when you have to wait on machines. I mean I do understand that other people workout too, I just do not like waiting. On a side note, I was doing my back extensions and I shared the machine with this just ungodly hot woman! She was wearing a camouflage hat too. I mean I am just a man, only looking, but I am a one woman man. Wanted to put that in there just in case my wife reads this, lol! So anyways, back to the workout. I did get a good workout in this evening even if it did take me a little longer than I wanted.
A little preview for tomorrow, I am going to try Pilates. I want to get more flexible and I have heard good things about Pilates. When I am running on the treadmill, the Pilates area is right behind the treadmills. It has peeked my interest for sometime now and thought now is also the perfect time to try it out. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment