Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week Two, Rest of the Week Workouts

It has been a few days since I last wrote. The last half of the week was kind of crazy. I had to drive the wife around because she moved to her new office across town and had various errands that needed to be run. I also started spring semester classes at UNCW. On top of that, I put in a few more applications for jobs. Right now, I will take anything as far as a job goes. It is getting to be critical status on the unemployment front. This brings me to the point behind this post. Mental health is as critical as physical health. Going to the gym and breaking a good sweat is a way to cleanse the mind if you will. I ran four miles the last two days of the week and on Saturday I did my circuit workout. My right knee was hurting me a little bit so I took Saturday off and just did the circuit. Getting back to the mental side though, the running really helped me clear my mind. I got on the treadmill and like Forrest Gump, I just ran! I set up the pace I wanted, put in the iPod, and just let my mind go. When I got off the treadmill, I feel like I have lightened my load. Running gives me a chance to let go and clear my head. You should give it a go sometime. I think it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment