Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Workout, Day One: Boy Was I in For a Surprise!

Day one of blog diary for workout routine. I got my ass kicked! My trainer, Matt, came in with a workout routine to get me in shape for the upcoming Warrior Dash. We started with ladder exercises to warm up. It consisted of five "steps" three times each. That was just the warm up and my legs were already at a HIGH BURN! I thought, damn, what else does he have in store for me today. Little did I realize, we were just getting started. Here was the workout for today, all stations consisted of anywhere from 10-15 reps, three times each.
1. Snatch into press- done with about 55-65 pounds.
2. Medicine Ball work- what you did was lay out, butt in the air and lunge your feet forward even with the medicine ball, rotate to each side, come out of that, stand up, and throw the ball in the air. Let me tell you how much fun that was! I have done a lot of things exercise wise in my life and that one hurt A LOT!
3. Dumbbell work- Lay two dumbbells out to your side. Get in push-up position. Do a push-up, then do a row with each arm. Stand-up, do a curl with each arm, that is one rep. Yeah, sounds like fun huh? Do it 10 times, 3 sets after you have done what you have already done and come back and tell me how much fun your having then!
4. Box Jumps- this one was probably the easiest exercise. Jump up and down on an 18 inch box, you want to do it as quickly as possibly, with your feet off the ground as much and quickly as possible.
5. Chest flies- go to a chest machine, put whatever weight you are comfortable with and do 3 sets of 12 each.
6. Reverse flies- cross your arms and do opposite of chest flies. The only rest you get here is when you are doing the other exercise.
7. Back extensions- simply put, go to a back machine, grab whatever weight is appropriate and do back extensions. You then move right into what I call the half medicine ball knee to chest exercise. Using a balance ball, you bring each knee to opposite chest.
8. T-Raises- using whatever dumbbell is appropriate, do a T exercise.

Needless to say, I was a whooped puppy after this workout. The burn was great and as crazy as it sounds, I can not wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment