Monday, January 10, 2011

Week Two, Monday Workout

The first week of documenting my workouts and so far, so good. I run about 20-25 miles a week. I do anything from long slow runs to interval training on the treadmill. I also have been doing a circuit workout. I usually do those every other day. I have done some other workouts, but not at the frequency of these two types. I played in a softball tournament this weekend and for the month that I have been working out, I could really tell a difference. I was not "gassed" running the bases, my arm was not sore, and overall, I was not sore today. I felt good and what better way to celebrate, than to go to the gym and get it on! One difference today was that the wife came along for her workout with me. It was a snow day around here, so we spent a little time together in the gym. One of the great things about it snowing at the beach, is the fact that people stay in. They do not go out and well that makes for a lot of room at the gym.

Mondays are usually a breaking in day. What that means is that I do not do a heavy workload, but rather a short intense workload. I ran 3 miles on the treadmill and broke out a really good sweat. I then turned to my circuit workout and that went better than expected. It has been a week since I started the new circuit workout and today I felt good. I think the next step is to step the resistance during the workouts. I also think I am going to start and do a every other week with my two circuit workouts. What I am starting to do too is up my mileage in my runs and then go right into the circuit workout.

Tomorrow morning I get a taste of Pilates. I really hope I like it. One bad side effect I have been feeling since working out is not being able to get really good and stretched out. I am hoping this will help. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment