Sunday, February 14, 2010

What The Hell Happened To All The Bread and Milk?










Back in August of 2008 my beautiful bride of six years comes to me and says, "Honey( yeah right! She actually said, "hey you!") what do you think about moving to the beach? I replied with the standard, " sure, if you want to, I'm all in!". Well, February of 2009, I left High Point, NC in a Uhaul with all of our worldly possessions heading east bound on I-40 to Wilmington, NC. What we left behind were all our friends and family, an unsold house, and what we thought was bad winter weather. One of the reasons for the move, other than the wife having a new job, was the idea that it would be summer year round! Well, we found out this past Friday night that we were sadly mistaken! By now everyone knows that the east coast of the U.S. has been hammered with some nasty winter weather. Until this past weekend, we on the coast had been spared. When we would call back home or watch tv all we heard about was all the snow and ice that was falling or had fallen. Saturday morning, we were on the receiving end. Now granted, we did not get 8" or a foot of snow, we got a whopin' 3.8"! Holy crap! Shut down the city, all holy hell is gonna break loose! They had to BRING IN salt trucks and scrapers from Raleigh and really all for nothing. The roads were fine and all the snow stuck mainly to the grass, trees, and beach. Yes that's right, the beach! I decided to take a drive out to the beach to see what it would look like. Apparently, I wasn't the only one with that idea. On the SECOND WEEK of February, the beach was packed! People up and down the beach, taking pictures, building snowmen, and generally walking around with mouths and eyes wide open. It truly was a cool scene, just one I hope I don't have to see again for a really long time!




P.S. On a side note, my wife moved to Wilmington in November of 2008 to start her new job, I stayed behind to try to sell the house, yeah right!, and tie up some loose ends. The third week she was down at the beach, they got a dusting of snow, back in High Point, where it snows generally every year, it was a balmy 60 degrees. I just had to laugh, here it was we were moving in part to go to better weather and damn, if it didn't follow us!

No comments:

Post a Comment